Bowel Nosodes Used in Homeopathy
Nosodes are powerful and deep acting. Bowel nosodes should not be taken without the professional guidance and supervision from a Homeopath professionally trained and experienced in their use.
What Are Bowel Nosodes?
The bowel nosodes are prepared from the pure cultures of bacteria. This is not like other nosodes where tissues and germs together are potentized. The culture that is used to make a bowel nosode is from the collection bacterial samples from thousands of patients who have similar symptoms.
The common character of these nosodes is that they do not ferment the lactose. They distinguish themselves according to their effects on fermentation on other sugars. Under the action of the bowel nosode the non-lactose fermenting bacilli begins to mutate into other less harmful group of bacteria and finally disappear from system.
The Pioneers of Bowel Nosodes
Dr. Edward Bach (who also created Bach Flower remedies) and Dr. Charles Wheeler were the pioneers of the bowel nosodes. They projected that most of the chronic disease have a strong relationship with a group of certain non-lactose fermenting bacteria. Dr. Bach also established that patients who harbor non-lactose fermenting bacteria, usually have latent Psora in the background. Dr’s John and Elizabeth Patterson who also worked extensively with bowel nosodes, also concluded that intestinal toxins in chronic disease are very closely related to Psora.
Human Evolution and the Need Bowel Nosodes
- Any change in the host which affects the intestinal mucosa will upset the balance and will be followed by a change in the habit and the bio-chemistry of the B. Coli, which may then become pathogenic.
- Using bowel nosodes, the intestinal balance is restored and health is improved after a large percentage of non-lactose fermenting bacilli that are associated with the pathogenic group, such as typhoid and paratyphoid, are expelled from the intestines, after the action of the bowel nosode.
- From the beginning of time, our digestive system was intended to live on vegetables, fruits, nuts and cereals – natural foods in their natural state.
- As the time went on, humans more heavily depended on cooked food, preserved food, canned food, giving rise to excessive amount of intestinal toxins, which become the root cause of many chronic diseases.
- Drastic change in diet by consuming live and organic food can improve the chemical damage but may not help to change the bacterial flora (non-lactose fermenting).
- By consuming acidophilic cultures, a person can change the flora of bacteria, but this is only temporarily.
- Dr. Bach has proved this clinically in many cases that after giving bowel nosode there is change in cultures of the patients intestinal flora from non-lactose to lactose fermenting bacteria.
- He also found that non-lactose fermenting bacteria were present in healthy individual who were never sick. The reason was that these people’s constitution is strong and they can withstand such bacteria without developing a disease.
- Since there are many strains of bacteria and not just one, various organs of the body are affected like lungs, joints, stomach, etc.
- B-Coli is a harmless saprophyte and to be non-pathogenic in the healthy bowel. Its function is to break up into the more simple substances the complex molecules of the organic combinations, which form the bodies of plants and animals, or of the complex substances which result from the digestive processes in the intestinal canal and are excreted. In nature, where there is balance, there is no disease and the germ, in this case the B. Coli in the intestinal tract, performs a useful function. Where the intestinal mucosa is healthy the B. Coli is non-pathogenic.
Indications for Using Bowel Nosodes
- Bowel nosodes are especially helpful in cases of autoimmune disease, bowel disease, autism, chronic skin diseases and chronic constipation.
- The nosode should only be given when the client’s symptoms correspond to it.
- Potency is selected in accordance with the general homeopathic laws.
- Bowel nosode are deep acting remedies and so case taking must cover the totality of symptoms from the mental to the physical.
- The bowel nosode should be given and selected in the same manner as any other homeopathic remedies, using the same homeopathic principles.
- In a new case, the constitutional remedy should be given before the bowel nosode.
- In cases where it is difficult to make the choice among many possible constitutional remedies, then a bowel nosode may be given.
- If the constitutional homeopathic remedy is working well and achieving the desired result there is no need for a nosode.
- If a case stalls and an appropriate bowel nosode is indicated, dosing it may give the necessary energy for the progress to continue.
- An old case where a person may be under homeopathic care, but is not responding to it, the appropriately selected bowel nosode can be given.
The Main Bowel Nosodes Use in Homeopathy and Their Key Concepts Are:
Poly Bowel Nosode – This “poly” nosode which means a combination of all the following nosodes into a SINGLE homeopathic remedy. Read more about the features of each bowel nosode included in the 10 remedy bowel nosode combination below.
- Morgan Bach
- Morgan Pure
- Morgan Co.
- Proteus Bach
- Gaertner (Bach)
- Morgan Gaertner
- Proteus Bach
- Sycotic Co.
- Dysentery Co.
- Bacillus No. 7.
Morgan (Bach) “Congestion” (digestion)
- This type of non-lactose organism is most frequently found in the stool and it has the greatest number of associated remedies.
- Congestion is the keynote.
- Strong relationship to skin and digestive issues including chronic constipation.
Morgan Pure (Irritation)
- Indicated when there is marked skin eruption, disturbance of liver, bilious headache or gallstones.
Morgan Gaertner “Congestion” (digestion)
- Irritation is the keynote.
- Useful in acute inflammatory conditions as in renal colic and gallstone colic.
- Aggravation at 4-8 pm.
Gaertner (Bach) “Nutrition” (emaciation)
- Malnutrition is the keynote.
- Overactive brain with undernourished body.
Proteus (Bach) “Brain Storm” (angry adrenaline)
- Suddenness in nearly all complaints.
- Mental symptoms are prominent in the clinical proving
- Brain storm is the key note to indicate this sudden and violent upset of the nervous system.
- It is always related to central and peripheral nervous system.
- It is recommended in Raynaud’s disease and Meniere’s disease.
Sycotic Co. “Brain Storm” (anger, adrenals)
- Irritability is the keynote
- Connected to synovial and mucus membrane.
- This bowel organism is a non lactose fermenting coccus found in the intestinal tract.
Dysentery Co. “Apprehension” (the heart)
- Apprehension is the keynote.
- Anticipatory nervous tension and anxiety.
Bacillus No.7 Mental & physical fatigue, rheumatism, aging
- Mental & physical fatigue, old rheumatism
- This is so named because it was the 7th non- lactose fermenting type of bacillus to be observed in the laboratory. Because it did not conform to any of the previously known groups, it was given the numerical “7”.
- Biochemistry: Br & Iodine.
Bacillus No.10 Mental & physical fatigue, rheumatism, aging
- Spongy gums.
- Numerous flat warts on hands and lipoma.
- It is named so because it mutates as soon as it is sub-cultured from non lactose to a lactose fermenter.
- Mutabile is of value where there is alteration of symptoms, like where skin eruption alternates with asthmatic symptom.
- It is an intermediary form between B.coli and the true non lactose fermenting type.
- Action is similar to Sepia.
- Not well proved.
- It is used in septic state.
- Not well proved.