Antidoting Homeopathic Remedies
Please read this article about general advice and the basic steps that can to taken to help you avoid anti-doting the action of a homeostatic remedy. Please also consult your Homeopath or Health Care Practitioner for their advice in your specific case.
Dosing Tips To Avoid Antidoting Any Remedies
It is possible for homeopathy remedies to be antidoted. You can avoid antidoting homeopathic doses by doing observing the following general guidelines:
- Avoid Strong Smelling Essential Oils – These can antidote a remedy. Especially strong oils like champ or, eucalyptus, peppermint and tea tree.
- Avoid Camphor & Eucalyptus – do not use Vick’s Vapor Rub (yourself or you putting on others), Noxema, Ben Gay, Tiger Balm, Sea Breeze, Carmex, Chapsticks, mothballs, etc. and anything else smelling like camphor or eucalyptus.
- Avoid Strong Flavors – Avoid all strong mints, like Altoids, strong mint flavored mouthwash, menthol, etc. which can antidote remedies.
- Avoid Coffee – Coffee may interfere with the remedy’s action. If you are a coffee drinker, try to limit your use to the minimum while on a remedy. We suggest that you drink coffee BEFORE, not after any remedy doses. We also recommend coffee drinkers limit their intake when dosing a homeopathic remedy. But you must have it, dose your remedy at least 1 hour before or after drinking coffee.
- Avoid Chamomile Tea – Chamomile tea may interfere with a remedies action and also result in irritability if taken too often. It is best of focus on various decaffeinated herbal and fruit teas.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight or High Heat to Remedies – Direct sunlight, high heat or high temperatures may deactivate a homeopathic remedy. Keep remedies away from sunlight and hot areas of your home. Don’t leave them in a car in the heat. Over 120 degrees they may no longer work, or at or below freezer.
- Avoid Dental Work or Surgery – Dental work, oral anesthesia, dental or other surgery during remedy use can antidote remedies and they may need to be redosed.
- Avoid Electric Blankets and Heating Pads – These may also deactivate a remedy, so please avoid their use if possible while dosing a remedy.
- Avoid X-Ray Equipment at the Airport – If you are flying, put your remedy in the basket provided for exposed film when you go through security or keep remedies in your checked luggage.