Remedy Potencies and Dosing
For professional guidance with Potency Selection and Remedies selection and dosing advice please contact one of our associated Homeopathic Practitioners.
General Potency Selection Guide
The following guidelines apply to self-prescribing of homeopathic remedies for simple, self-limiting complaints.
- Low potencies are considered to be 6C and below.
- Low potencies such as 6C cover a wide range of symptoms, so are best used if you are not certain that you have chosen the best remedy for your symptoms for self-treatment.
- A 6C potency may need to be repeated every 1 – 2 hours for a period to improve symptoms while a 200C potency may only have to be given a few times per day in acute situations.
- Medium potencies are considered to be 30C and are a good choice for home prescribers who have some familiarity with homeopathy.
About The Higher Potencies
- High potency remedies are 200C, 1M, 10M and 50M.
- Higher potencies of 200C and above need to match symptoms more precisely if a curative response is to be triggered.
- A general guideline that that the higher the potency, the longer the effect.
- Very High Potencies (VHP) are CM, MM and DM.
- Megapotency remedies are 10MM and 50MM.
Dosing A Remedy
- Just two (2) pills are considered to be a single dose, regardless of the size of the pills.
- For very intense acutes, take two (2) pills of the remedy every 15 minutes.
- Dose less often for milder acute symptoms, such as once every to 1 to 4 hours.
- Once symptom improvements are established, stop dosing the remedy only repeat the remedy only if the symptoms return.
- If there is NO improvements at all by 6 doses in 24 hours, choose a different remedy or seek a professional Homeopath’s guidance.
- Improvement should be noticed in 24 hours if the correct remedy has been selected.